Monday 26 March 2012

BLT

www.shropshirebreakfast.co.uk

I love a good BLT. Quite strangely the best I've ever had have been in the Caribbean. We developed quite a taste for them on our honeymoon in Grenada many moons ago. Wonderful fresh fruit platters with cream cheese for breakfast, BLTs for lunch and I can't quite remember any of the evening meals.

I make mine now with local back bacon, which I'm afraid, for me, has to be fried until crispy. I've tried to make up for this by using crusty granary bread, low fat mayonnaise & more salad :0)

Ingredients

Fresh crusty bread, cut into thick slices
sliced tomatoes
crispy lettuce ( I like little gem )
low fat mayonnaise
sliced cucumber ( not strictly required for a BLT but I like the crispness )
bacon slices

Spread both slices of bread with the mayonnaise. On the bottom slice of bread add a couple of leaves of lettuce, 4 slices of cucumber and 4 slices of tomato. Season with salt & pepper. Add the bacon & top with the 2nd slice of bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment